SEEKING COMMUNITY-MINDED ENTREPRENEURS
Kingsland Parish Council is looking for Expressions of Interest in running the Post Office and Shop in the village of Kingsland, north Herefordshire.
This is an opportunity to run your own business and make a contribution to this thriving community by operating the post office. The post office is anticipated to generate around £22,000 per year, and revenues can be increased by utilising the potential of the shop.
The shop currently sells cards and stationery, but the future direction of the shop space, and the revenues it generates, will be up to you. The parish council understands a grant up to £10,000 may also be available from Post Office Ltd. to renew the layout and shop design. There may also be a flat to rent above the shop if required. The parish council is in negotiations to purchase the building housing the post office and shop. Should the purchase go ahead, and this is anticipated to be known by July 2015 at the latest, the ground floor will be rented to a community minded entrepreneur who will run the post office and shop without any involvement from the parish council, but with the full support of both the parish council and the community. This should help you to set up your business quickly and with minimum outlay. You will be a partner of Post Office Limited and operate as an agent and not an employee of the Post Office. Why consider Post Office Ltd?
* An opportunity to partner with a trusted community based brand of national importance.
* A portfolio of over 170 products and services.
* An opportunity to improve shop/ outlet profitability via the Post Office® business along with the additional basket spend generated by extra customers.
* Creation of genuine competitive edge in an increasingly competitive environment.
* Fully automated operating and accounting systems.
* You will receive the backing and support of Post Office Ltd for training and management guidance.
* You will receive ongoing marketing support and point of sale material to help sell Post Office® products. Point of Sale (POPOS) materials including posters and leaflets will be delivered to the branch free of charge. Display instructions will also be issued each month to ensure consistency throughout our network of Post Offices.
* A dedicated Business Development Manager (BDM) will be allocated to your branch. The BDM will visit your branch to help you train your staff and ensure the branch is utilising every opportunity to increase sales.
Please note that the parish council’s proposed purchase of the building housing the Kingsland post office and shop is subject to contract, and will require the approval of the local community.
For more information, or to express an interest in running the post office and shop in Kingsland, please contact:
Kingsland Parish Council
Tel. 07963 845358
Do you use heating oil? There is an oil ordering group that aim to get bulk discounts, have a look under the Oil Group for more details.