A significant proportion of the Parish Council’s work is focused on parishioners’ applications for permission to build or extend.

Planning permission is generally required for carrying out any form of ‘development’ and this includes the use of land and buildings as well as the more obvious construction or alteration of buildings.

Herefordshire County Council Planning Portal  provides lots of useful information and guidance. Once an application has been submitted, the Parish Council will pass their comments.  These comments must be taken into account by HCC when they determine the application.

The Parish Council acts on behalf of the parish and their recommendations are NOT personal. If a councillor has any connection to a planning application they must declare it, and they are excluded from the meeting for the duration of the discussions.

Zoom in/out
Contrast settings